About 150 or more Malaysia-based digital graphic (master) designers and/or enthusiasts who call themselves "sifoorians"* will congregate at Microsoft Auditorium at Level 29 of Kuala Lumpur City Centre (Petronas KLCC Tower 2) this morning...
I first registered in its forum back in 2003, but this will be my first time meeting fellow Sifoorians or the group's activities (Hmm.. I missed the chix buffet!! Hehe, but 'been to Hartz's before... and banyak gak awek cun yer dlm design community!). Am not much of a designer though, but I marvel at the beautiful artworks these geniuses come up with all these years...
The highlights of the event has got to be Microsoft's bold entrance to endear with the creative community with its Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF, formerly code-named "Avalon") and Microsoft Silverlight (Hmm.. I didn't get to check that one somehow during Web 2.0 Tokyo because Microsoft's demo hall was quite exclusive from the rest of the expo vendors, but friend Rico must know much about this after some good photo snaps with them Jap ala-F1 girls). Microsoft's Rohan Thomas will showcase what Microsoft has in store for graphic professionals and amateurs, including MS Expression Studio (a successor to MS Frontpage, written using WPF itself) I suppose.
MICROSTATUS: It's 5 o'clock in the morning, and I'm blogging this after a brief power nap. Looks like I have to start packing as my flight is just two hours from now, and the Penang International Airport is some 30 minutes from my house after brazing some sloppy hills (Urgh, can't someone bring a mini airport here to Balik Pulau??). Will land at Subang airport the first time in twelve years -- the last time I was there was in 1995 during a short holiday from the United States, after which I've been touchdowning at KLIA-Sepang (and LCCT-Sepang) after all flights both international and domestic for Kuala Lumpur were moved to there. (Why, oh why, was AirAsia refused access to Subang, but when the government-owned Malaysia Airline wants the old airport for its Firefly, the new low-cost subsidiary, the approval seemed no-brainer?)
To fellow Sifoorians, see you guys at Microsoft-KLCC today!
* "sifoo" or "sifu" in Chinese (Mandarin/Cantonese) means "teacher", and supposedly popularized in Chinese "kungfu" movies since back in the 80s with popular China/Hong Kong actors including Bruce Lee, Jackie Chan and Jet Li.
- ► 2009 (18)
- ► 2008 (35)
- Benazir Bhutto: 1953-2007
- ADVERTORIAL: Two more days for RM 8.88 .INFO!
- Happy DiGi!
- I am a supreme nerd!!!
- Eid Adha teaches us sacrifice, thankfulness and ca...
- Eid-ul Adha Mubarak (1428H) to all Muslims...
- I.T. is BIZ: Are Malaysian SMEs ready for e-Commer...
- Which 'city' is the BROADBAND CAPITAL of Malaysia?...
- Sifoos of Design congregrate in KL
- Pesta Penang 2007 - Pakat mai sini!
- Seas of people all over Penang...
- ▼ December (11)