Sometime I get these incredulous looks from people when I tell them that we are able to do SaaS (Software as a Service) projects offshore, and not only the software development portion, but we involve offshore resources from the very beginning of any transition to SaaS project.
There is value to be had in involving offshore resources from the very beginning:
- Begins the knowledge transfer process immediately giving the offshore team a much better understanding of what needs to be developed.
- Optimum use of onshore and offshore resources provides for a better use of monetary funds by the client.
What can offshore resources actually be involved with? Below is a list, in chronological order of the types of activities we involve offshore resources in before development of the application even starts:
- Write the Software Requirements Specification (SRS) based on the lists of required functionality
- Develop use cases
- Technical architecture design
- Detailed design
- Design Look & Feel of the new site - show sample screen shots