Saturday, July 28
Innovate Without Emigrate
Thomas L Friedman, a American award-winning columnist said in among others, his best-selling book entitled "The World Is Flat: Brief History of the Twenty-first Century", "...you can innovate without having to emigrate!". He subsequently stressed so too in his speech at M.I.T. on 16 MAY 2005 (see video at MITWorld).
Like MIT President Emeritus Charles M. Vest, I'm not in full agreement with what Tom laid out in his books or various articles and speeches, but, his views on globalization (or glocalization, as he mentioned too), and the trends of outsourcing, offshoring and open sourcing are worth to be explored:
Download a full 75-minute audio (32kbps)/video (56-220kbps) of the speech by Tom Fiendman in RealPlayer stream format from MIT World.
Trivia: The guy is not a certified economist, but his wife who hails from one of the top-100 richest families in America that had helped pioneered shopping malls since the 50s, is.
The following is an article penned by Friedman not long afterwards as published on the Sept 5, 2005 issue of The New York Times Upfront magazine (published by Scholastic, Inc), focusing on globalization wave as observed from China and India:
[view fullscreen at SlideShare or read the text version at FindArticles.]
Here's another slide to learn on the impact of "flat world, flat web" on educational classrooms"
- ► 2009 (18)
- ► 2008 (35)
- Northern Corridor Economic Region (NCER)
- Innovate Without Emigrate
- More micro enterprises going online...
- The Professionalization of Internet TV
- Use Web 2.0 to Promote Your Business
- Offshoring is part of the solution, not the proble...
- ADVERTORIAL: Mega-saving month on domains for Paja...
- Outsource Non-Core Processes for a Competitive Edg...
- Outsource Your Brain for Science
- Malaysia is world's fifth preferred outsourcing lo...
- Women-lead ICT based enterprises?
- Can Software as a Service (SaaS) projects be done ...
- Heboh on TV, just not on the Internet yet...
- Live Earth 7-Point Pledge on 7/7/07
- Disabilities not a barrier to success
- Business entities in Malaysia reached another high...
- Shuth's mistake: "Delaying to outsource"
- Entrepreneurship 2.0, revisited...
- ▼ July (18)