Wednesday, May 16

Dengan sabarnya mengajar tulis-baca (With patience, teaches how to read & write)

Who does that?

I sometimes drove passed my tadika, and I've always wondered if I'll ever get to meet my first formal teacher. The tadika is also next to my primary school. I wonder where all of them good teachers of mine for six of my early years now. Those who first taught me Math, History, Agama, Bahasa, English, Science and Geography for the first time...

And some are close at home. My own mother and siblings (one of my sisters taught me Mandarin and Hokkien when I was still small!). My father who passed away a full decade ago...

And Usman Awang was dead on:

Jika hari ini seorang Perdana Menteri berkuasa...

Jika hari ini seorang Raja menaiki takhta...

Jika hari ini seorang Presiden sebuah negara...

Jika hari ini seorang ulama yang mulia...

Jika hari ini seorang peguam menang bicara...

Jika hari ini seorang penulis terkemuka...

Jika hari ini siapa saja menjadi dewasa...

Sejarahnya dimulakan oleh seorang guru biasa...

Dengan lembut sabarnya mengajar tulis-baca.


-Usman Awang, 1979-

Read more about Teacher's Day 2007 celebration in Malaysia at www.hariguru2007.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest Feeds

Pajama Enterprise

Pajama Reading

Latest Malaysia Feeds

Micro Jobs

Pajamanation

Watch this!

Blog Archive