Among the eight newcomers to the list include Datuk Mokhzani Mahathir (a son of former Malaysia Prime Minister Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamed) "with wealth worth US$220 million" (ranked #28) and Singapore-based property (& Singapore F1) tycoon Ong Beng Seng... "with wealth of US$580 million." (#12).
This year's spotlight among others is on the fast-rising Datuk Anthony Fernandes (of the fresh Air Asia & Tune Money empire, "whose US$230 million wealth put him 24th in the list") -- Datuk Tony is scheduled to be a repeat guest speaker at SMIDEX 2007 to be held in the first week of June 2007.
The only two women who made it in this prestigious mogul male-dominated list are Raja Datuk Seri Eleena Raja Azlan Shah (new entry this year) , a Perak princess, a Barrister-at-Law and also among others, a Non Independent Non-Executive Director and the largest invididual shareholder of Gamuda, at number 25th in the list with US$228 million", and Puan Sri Chong Chook Yew "who occupies number 18th with US$320 million."
- Tan Sri Robert Kuok Hock Nien: US$7.6 billion (RM 25.8B);
- Tan Sri Ananda Krishnan: US$7.4 billion;
- Tan Sri Lim Goh Tong: US$4.3 billion;
- Tan Sri Lee Shin Cheng: US$3.9 billion;
- Tan Sri Teh Hong Piow: US$3.5 billion;
- Tan Sri Quek Leng Chan: US$3 billion;
- Tan Sri Syed Mokhtar Al-Bukhary: US$2 billion;
- Tan Sri Yeoh Tiong Lay: US$1.8 billion;
- Tan Sri Tiong Hiew King: US$1.2 billion; and,
- Tan Sri William Cheng Heng Jem: US$650 million (RM2.2B).
The riches keep getting richer, eh?
Remember that Bill Gates, currently world's richest person on earth for over 10 straight years now (but soon to be toppled by several contenders), recently said that "the next Bill Gates" (wealthiest man) would come from Asia!" The watch is on... (on Asian Dragons: China, India, Vietnam, Malaysia etc.)
Maybe, we should come up soon with a list of the wealthiest pajamapreneurs in the world including the exclusive list of Malaysians ;-) -- We already have several lists for instance, ranking the most influential bloggers, with some of these "little" individuals seemingly having more authority and popularity than corporations-funded web projects/media like TMNET BlueHyppo, NSTP Emedia, The Sun, RTM etc.