Today, 17 JUNE 2007 is a secular Father's day as celebrated in dozens of countries including Malaysia which amongst its 'noble' purposes is to enrich the corporation called Hallmark, as clearly again, remarked by the Time this month:
"The folks at Hallmark are going to have a very good day on June 17. That's when more than 100 million of the company's ubiquitous cards will be given to the 66 million dads across the U.S. in observation of Father's Day. Such a blizzard of paper may be short of the more than 150 million cards sold for Mother's Day, but it's still quite a tribute. What's less clear is whether dads--at least as a group--have done a good enough job to deserve the honor.", Sarah Blaffer Hrdy and Mary Batten to start their article entitled "The Psychology of Fatherhood" (TIME, 7 JUN 2007).
Hence a Google search on "Father's Day Malaysia" would pull a first page result linking to gift-retailing sites like All99.com, BambooFlorist, FlowersGiftMalaysia, Flowers.com.my, WorldCard (for a trip to Genting for Dads, again!!), 123greetings.com etc.
As a pajamaworker however, I'm more interested in how work-at-home fathers are celebrated? After all, they get to see their spouse and kids almost every single day, not just the minimal hours every early mornings or late nights. Jeff Zbar, the self-appointed "Chief Home Officer", for instance, claimed to have created the "Work At Home Father's Day" to be celebrated annually on Friday before Father's Day. Zbar wrote, "(It's to) honor fathers who have chosen to work from home in order to improve their family lives or job satisfaction.” ... to say “kudos” to dads like us. ... In an effort to embrace all work-at-homers, entrepreneurs and teleworkers alike are welcome to celebrate."
Another blog worth to read about the celebrations of work-at-home fathers is RebelDad.com, by Brian Reid.
And heck, these guys even have an annual convention for At-Home Dad, its 12th time this year to be held in Kansas City, Missouri on 3 NOV 2007... Coming soon to Malaysia, I hope.
- ► 2009 (18)
- ► 2008 (35)
- Countdown to Apple's iPhone TGiF Night
- Sudahkah anda e-Hasil? (e-Fail Cukai/e-File Tax)
- Visit the Offshore Location or do an Actual Projec...
- Selling Malaysia as outsourcing hub
- Human-to-Human, key to communicate...
- Ready for Pajama Enterprise?
- Desire the worst job? Get smart!
- Mastering the Virtual Workplace
- Globalization - The Great Equalizer
- Which site would you like to hack today?
- Outsourcing Blogging - it will become a trend!
- We can have it all!
- 100 Bloggers + 50 Tables + 1 'Celebrity' + Food + ...
- Coming to strangle you on 26 JUNE 2006...
- Outsourcing of city reporting: Will it become a tr...
- Celebrating refugee children and listening to thei...
- Lemon or Orange?
- Two is better, more than two is the best!
- Happy Belated Work-At-Home Father's Day (15 JUN 20...
- Online Sales Lose Steam as Buyers Grow Web-Weary -...
- On the pajama trail - HoboTraveler
- Nothing speaks to freedom louder than a halfsuit
- Hire Globally, Test Locally
- Ronggeng Merdeka @ Georgetown
- the 'Fruitful' Citrarasa Penang 2007 starts today....
- Entrepreneurship 2.0 on YouTube
- PajamaFuture: Some Joost for your Tube
- Child Labour and Agriculture (12 June 2007)
- I bought a Ferrari at Autocity Carnival yesterday
- Work in Pajamas, Holiday in Smart Casual
- Blogger's Gathering in Penang - Sat, 23 JUNE 2007
- Broadband in Every Home! (Jom pi Kedah...)
- The Ocean Project
- The era of big software is over
- Pajamaworking at home... where in Malaysia?
- a Tribute to Loga, the Alley Cat !
- Green Day Everyday!
- It's not easy being green...
- Ekspo Usahawan Bumiputera Pulau Pinang officiated ...
- ▼ June (39)