|THE JOURNAL REPORT: BUSINESS INSIGHT|
Seven Myths About Outsourcing
June 16, 2007; Page R6
In recent years, there's been a seemingly endless boom in offshore outsourcing. But companies that think handing off an operation to an overseas provider is easy can get a rude awakening.
The transition often proves to be much more costly and complicated than expected. And companies often find that their high hopes about cost savings and greater efficiency don't pan out.
The myths suggested are:-
1. We Can Have It All
2. Outsourcing Services is Like Buying Commodities
3. We Need an Ironclad Contract (the extreme)
4. Contracts Don't Matter (the other extreme)
5. Vendors Are Insurance Companies
6. It's Not Our Headache Anymore
7. Our First Failure Should Be Our Last AttemptRead the full article at the Wall Street Journal Online.